Long time no speak

Hi blog world.

Wow it's been a long time since I blogged.  There's a bunch of stuff I want to write about, serious life stuff like family relationships, anxiety, moving house, health stress and some light hearted stuff like pursuing a new hobby, interior design planning and some new shows we've given a go recently that I'd like to recommend.

For now, I'm going to do a little summing up blog post about the above, and things I'll go into more detail on separately.

So, main updates from the past (almost) 12 months...

In 2020 we started to talk about what we both want in the future, and starting a family came up, something neither of us thought we'd genuinely wanted previously, but it was lovely to realise we had both started to feel that we'd like to take our relationship to another level. However, it wouldn't be an option where we couldn't live really due to lack of space.  So, we decided to put our/my house on the market early 2021 and should be moving in March. It's been a long and up and down process. So that's something I'll do a more full blog on...

I started dancing with a burlesque troupe not long after moving to Derbyshire.  It was a way to try a new form of dance and meet new people in the area, tied in with my love of vintage glamour and had always been of interest to me.  I never thought I'd perform in an actual show but I did! A few in fact. I had friends who were solo performers and the thought of being out there alone seemed beyond terrifying. I could just about get past performing in a troupe as I knew not all eyes were on me the whole time, which, as a shy sometimes insecure introvert, would be my absolute worst nightmare! But. Last year. I pushed myself and gave solo performing a go! I still have no idea how I've managed it but that'll be another blog topic soon, all about how I decided to do it and how my experience has been.

Had some health stuff going on since early Winter last year, like heartburn type symptoms, indigestion, been having tests done and we thought we knew what was causing it but even after having initial treatment for that I'm still having symptoms so that's on going.

I tried to reach out to my Dad again in recent weeks, once again he really upset me and I feel like once and for all I need to stop trying.  I did also manage to make contact with my estranged-from-the-family cousin which was something. We were close as kids, but don't think we'd know each other any more really...

I'm going to finish this little 'getting back to it' blog with some cool telly stuff we've watched recently - 

The Tourist / iPlayer

Came across this on iPlayer as we were just browsing for something random and new to give a go.  Didn't really know what it was about from the thumbnail/description, but soon got into it.

The main actor in it was Jamie Dornan, who plays a guy that is involved in an incident and loses his memory, can't really say much more than that! We follow along his character and piece his life and past together along with him.  It's an interesting concept, bit of a crime/thriller/drama, and it kept us pretty gripped.

Murderville / Netflix

Saw a review for this online before it came on and knew we'd likely like it. Starring BoJack himself, Will Arnett, as a cop trying to solve a different murder each week with a celebrity guest who improvises the epsiode along with Will whilst the celebrity has to try put the clues together to solve the crime. It's really funny and also pretty fun trying to keep track of the evidence and clues as viewers to make our own guess at the end.

This is Going to Hurt / iPlayer

Another random one we saw on the iPlayer home page, a bit of a dark comedy with quite an emotional punch to it too. Based on a book by former doctor Adam Kay, it follows 'Adam' in his life and career on the maternity ward in a high pressure role at a London hospital. It had a good mix of humour that helped make the darker or upsetting moments more manageable (a bit like BoJack Horseman which we also really liked the for that balance in the writing), and also had elements that reminded me of Fleabag with Adam's lines to camera.  Definitely worth checking out, but if you're in the mood for something light maybe give Murderville a go instead!

Oh! Also, I've continued to have driving lessons with the mister, he's really helped me with my confidence and I've now booked my theory test in, eep!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad Journal Part 2

Sad Journal

Questioning